Businesses today are quickly adopting cloud software as the benefits become more apparent and even necessary to keep a competitive edge – benefits like less paperwork, greater efficiency, and time savings.
Though, often this adoption is limited to a single program, like a cloud accounting program.
With just the one program in place, businesses may still see a complex web of manual processes in place, and realise they could benefit from integrated cloud solutions to simplify their processes and increase productivity even more.
Systems to grow
Let’s look at an example. Jamie owns a boiler installation and service business in the United Kingdom that provides a complete service – installation, servicing and emergency callouts.
Due to rapid growth in the first five years, the business now has two offices, with a turnover of >£5m and a team of 35 staff. The field staff travel to different sites, while sales staff have expenses and work remotely.
The increase in sales and service clients has caused turnover to grow dramatically, but the business is now facing problems with enforcing credit terms and chasing bad debtors.
Jamie is already using Xero accounting software for his accounts, but is keen to improve his wider business systems to maintain control over his projects and cash flow.
Now, let’s take a look at the apps Jamie chose after a digital readiness review to revolutionise his business.
Bookkeeping and financial control apps
- GoCardless is used for the recurring payment for the service/call-out retainer, providing an easy to use and self-manage direct debit system where a link is provided to the customer to enter their details.
- Expensify is for employee expenses receipts and mileage claims, and is integrated with the project management or accounting system for improved costing analysis. Set permission and approval rules to save back office admin time.
- With Satago you can credit check customers, have invoice financing options and automate invoice chasing. Satago is your free pocket financial controller.
- There are a few software options for collecting card payments; Jamie uses simPRO Payments to collect payments easily on site with a credit card.
- simPRO is a cloud-based job management system with scheduling, estimating and invoicing features, helping office, sales and field staff to work more efficiently and effectively as a team, and helping Jamie keep track of job costing and team workload.
- Charlie HR makes it easier to manage HR needs, allowing staff to update their details and submit holiday requests from wherever they’re working.
This example demonstrates the potential time savings and improved business visibility that an automated, integrated cloud system offers.
Are you making the most of what software has to offer? Take this 3-minute digital readiness survey and receive a custom report that explains the opportunities available to you for increasing your efficiency and making your business 2020 ready.